In an effort to prepare students for expectations and social norms of future college and career experiences, students at Provo High School are expected to adhere to the following:
Unless specifically authorized by a teacher (or designee) or school administrator, students shall not use, display, or have turned “on” any personal electronic communication or entertainment device, including cell phones, pagers, music players, electronic games, electronic watches or similar items, during instructional time.
Any device possessed or used in violation of this policy may be confiscated and held for return per the following guidelines:
- Warning from teacher or assigned substitute
- Taken by a teacher or assigned substitute, returned at the end of class
- Taken by a teacher or authorized adult, given to the main office, returned at the end of the day.
- Taken by a teacher or authorized adult, given to administration, parent must come pick up the phone and meet with administration to get it back.
- Any further violations: Administrative Consequence(s) including, but not limited to, the following:
- Out of school suspension
- In school suspension