Current Driver Education Information
All Registration must be done through Wendy Bills. A copy of the student’s learner’s permit must accompany the registration form. All fees and forms need to be turned in to the business office. Provo High Students will have first priority in Driver Education registration. Students, within Provo High boundaries but attending other schools, will be put on a waiting list and contacted if there is an opening in the current session. Fee waivers only apply to Provo High Students. The current registration fee is $140.
- Students have 1 year to complete the entire course. Learner Permits must be current for the entire course.
Driver Education Online Course Dates:
All students must Take the Traffic Safety and Trends exam.dld.utah.gov at home. This is a state requirement. Your score will be recorded at the DLD
- Wendy Bills Provo High School firstname.lastname@example.org 801-362-3373
- Mark Baker Provo High School email@example.com 801-735-1832
Driver’s Education Mandatory Maneuvers
Driver’s Education Overview
The purpose of driver education is to help develop the knowledge, attitudes, habits and skills necessary for the safe operation of motor vehicles.
Provo High School believes in teaching students safe driving habits to ensure safe roads for those who travel in our city. Our teachers are committed to high quality education in preparing youthful drivers for Utah roads. The curriculum used at Provo High School addresses concepts in a pro-active way.
Through our online course, Provo’s students learn concepts and skills which help them to be safe drivers, including:
- Understanding the rules of the road including “Driving Friendly”. Utah State Handbook Laws.
- Instruction on the effect of alcohol, drugs, emotions and road rage plus the dangers of cell phones and texting while driving.
- Understanding “Sharing the Road” with others considering such concerns as construction zones, railroad crossings, and pedestrians/school zones, and bicycle safety.
- Through our Behind The Wheel program of Incorporation Simulators, and Road practice, our students receive the necessary driving required by the State of Utah.
- Provo High School is a State Testing facility. We are authorized to administer the State Road exam. All written testing shall be done at the local Dept. of Public Safety.
- With the assistance of the Parents, Instructors, and Peers, Provo High School Driver Education Students are getting worthwhile teaching techniques that the student will use for life.
Always wear a Safety Belt – It’s the Law.
State Road Test
Provo High School is a State Testing Facility. We will be giving State Road Test to every student that completes our program. Completion of the State Road Test will allow the student to go to the DLD and obtain a Class D driver license with youthful restrictions.
Your next phase in Driver Training is the Utah State Road Exam. Students will sign up for their test with a Provo High School Instructor. Students will complete 3 hours of behind the wheel. The state road test will scheduled by a certified examiner.
These items you should be able to perform in the road evaluation.
- Pre-Drive Check
- First thing you do is to lock the doors and start the vehicle (National Driver Education procedure)
- Locate these items:
- Park brake
- hazard lights (emergency flashers)
- interior lights
- windshield wipers (how do they work)
- Adjust the mirrors
- Starting the vehicle
These driving maneuvers will also be evaluated
- Parking- 90 degree
- Angle park
- Parallel park
- uphill and downhill park
- 3 pt turns
- Round a bout
- Lane changes both directions
- Turns at intersections
- With traffic lights and without
- Stop signs
- Merge signs
- Yield signs
- Construction signs.
- Speed in different zones: business, residential, school.
- Shoulder checks on all lane changes and when you pull away from the curb.
You can contact Wendy Bills at firstname.lastname@example.org or her phone number is 801-362-3373
Mark Baker Provo High School email@example.com 801-735-1832
Provo High School 1199 North Lakeshore Dr. Provo, Utah 84601