Provo City School District supports the position that parents or guardians should oversee the appearance of their students and that school personnel should not take exception to student apparel that is clean, safe, non-disruptive, and meets minimum clothing requirements.
Students are expected to dress appropriately for the setting and activity that will not take attention away from or disrupt the learning process. While we want our students to feel comfortable, confident, and able to express themselves, there are specific guidelines all students are expected to follow.
Requirements for Student Dress
- All students must wear clothing that is appropriate for the setting and activity. In addition:
- Undergarments must be covered at all times.
- See-through or mesh garments must be worn with appropriate coverage underneath.
- Any illegal, threatening, profane, or lewd content will not be allowed. For example, images or language that contain:
- Weapons (as defined in Utah Code 76-10-501)
- Illicit drugs or alcohol
- Sexual content
The School Administration reserves the right to determine if an item of clothing does not meet the dress standards. Students violating the dress code will be asked to remove/fix the offending items or return home, with parent/guardian notification, to change their attire.
March 21, 2023