David Ellison: (Social Studies Teacher)
David Ellison grew up in Florida and Utah. He loved the PHS ballroom competitions and respected the team at nationals, so when he saw PHS was accepting job applications, he applied and got the job here. Before coming to PHS, David worked at Lakeridge Junior High and BYU. David thinks the PHS staff is great and supportive of trying new things. He is also grateful for the opportunity he has been given to help out with the ballroom team and says assisting at some of their rehearsals has been the highlight of many weeks!
Here are a few things colleagues had to say about David:
- David is a great, professional, teacher. He has, in his first year, demonstrated some great teaching with stories and been involved in the school. He’s a great young teacher!
- David has been fun to work with so far in his short tenure here. He seems to really like the students and like his job, has a lot of enthusiasm and we have collaborated a lot and he is both a good contributor and a good listener.
- I have been able to work alongside David for this year so far. He is an excellent teacher. He puts a great deal of effort and attention into his lesson plans. He loves to teach and he loves the kids that he gets to teach. He is a great asset to our school community and our students are lucky to have him as a teacher.
- David is a great addition to our department. He brings a fresh set of ideas and shares them freely. He is a great team player and genuinely cares about the students and creates lessons that really get them thinking.
McKindra Camp : (Special Education Teacher)
McKindra Camp grew up on a lake in the middle of nowhere Minnesota. She ended up here in Provo when she married a local and is now stuck here for life. This is her first year teaching, so PHS is her first home. She loves the kids here at PHS, because they are all so unique and make every day great! When she isn’t at work, she loves to travel. She enjoys hiking and checking out what Utah has to offer. She also loves to bake.
Here are a few things colleagues had to say about McKindra:
- I feel that Mckindra has a skill that is hard to match for a new teacher. She does a great job disciplining her students and they still have love and respect for her.
- McKindra is amazingly upbeat, even after spending all day in one of the district’s most difficult teaching settings. She works hard to plan lessons of interest and value to her class, works well with her students and pushes them to see the positive in themselves. McKindra is teachable, is constantly learning, and been a tremendous asset to the special education department.
- McKindra is a rockstar, and I am so glad she is part of our SPED team! I am always impressed by her determination and refusal to let the negative aspects of our job keep her down. She is a fierce advocate for her students and does everything in her power to help them succeed.
- McKindra Camp has been doing an amazing job working with her students. She has a positive attitude, and makes an effort to get to know her students. She is invested in them, and I know that she does all she can to help them succeed. Mrs. Camp makes a valuable contribution to Provo High and especially the Special Education Team.
Thank you, David and McKindra for your contribution to PHS! We are lucky to have you here!!