Dress & Grooming Expectations
In an effort to prepare students for the dress and grooming standards of future college and career experiences, students at Provo High School are expected to adhere to the following:
- Clothing must be appropriate for the setting, activity, and the learning environment.
- Undergarments must be worn and should not be visible.
- Clothing of all students should cover the buttocks and torso.
- Clothing which displays, represents, or suggests violence, obscenity, drugs or alcohol, or illegal behaviors is not permitted at school.
- Accessories must not present a health or safety risk (chains, sharp objects, etc.)
- Hats may be worn at the discretion of the teacher. Hoods should not be worn in the school building to allow personnel to quickly identify students.
- Any attire that identifies, promotes, or suggests illegal or gang activity is not permitted. Bandanas of any color may not be worn.
- According to Utah State Law, shoes must worn in public buildings at all times.
- Students violating the dress code will be asked to comply with the dress and grooming expectations.
- Parents and guardians may be consulted to address concerns.
Per district policy (No. 3224 P.1), students in the Provo City School District are expected to keep themselves well groomed and neatly dressed while at school or at school functions. Clothing or grooming which is conspicuous or extreme, or which may draw undue attention or interfere with the educational atmosphere at school/school functions will not be allowed.