Camille Williams: (FACS teacher)
Camille Williams grew up in American Fork, Utah and was a proud Caveman. She came to PHS during her student teaching and earned a position here right after she graduated from BYU. Her parents and other family members attended and worked at PHS throughout the years, so she says PHS is in her DNA. Camille has been here for 22 years. This is her first teaching position, and she said it will be here last; she is a lifer. Camille loves the great people who work at PHS and how diverse our student population is here. She has seen many amazing kids accomplish great things. When Camille isn’t at work, she enjoys long walks on the beach, in the canyon, or on the river trail. She loves spending time with family and friends, movies, music, travel, and DIY projects.
Here are a few things colleagues had to say about Camille:
- I have loved working with Camille. Even though we do not teach the exact same class, she is always willing to listen and brainstorm new ideas of how to teach any topic.
- Camille is a great teacher. She is very organized and is a valuable asset to our department.
- Camille is dedicated to her students and enjoys when alumni come back to visit. It is especially fun when children of alumni attend her Baby Bulldog preschool.
- Camille is a dedicated teacher who seeks to be a great example to her students. She puts in many hours beyond her contract time to help her students and other teachers in her department students excel. She has a huge heart and loves her students, colleagues and family, and in return they are very supportive of her.
Eric Nix: (Band Teacher)
Eric Nix grew up in Travelers Rest, South Carolina. He was a judge for the concert band when he applied for and was offered a job here at PHS. This is Eric’s sixth year at PHS. He has done great work with the students in band and has led the marching band to numerous titles throughout the years. Eric loves the family atmosphere here at PHS, but most of all, he loves the students. Eric is a huge sports fan and used to play baseball and basketball. When he isn’t at work, he enjoys spending time with his family.
Here are a few things colleagues had to say about Eric:
- Eric Nix is a pleasure to work with! I admire his diligence in teaching his students with clarity and concern.
- It has been great to collaborate with Eric for student success – especially the students we share in our programs.
- Eric is fantastic at what he does. It shows in his awards the students have earned under his direction.
- In working with students who have been with Mr. Nix from 9th (and often 7th) grade, I have observed their dedication, commitment, and high expectations of themselves and those around them. This shows the profound influence he has on his students. He pushes kids harder than they want to be pushed, but in doing so, he helps them break through their self-imposed limits and discover their incredible capabilities.
Thank you Camille and Eric for your contribution to PHS! We are lucky to have you here!!