Upcoming Service Projects
National Honors Society (NHS) Council applications are now available for the 2019/2020 school year!
- All Year: Helping teachers in their classrooms
- All Year: Help in the College & Career Center
- All Year: Tutoring at Lakeview Elementary
Students in grades 10 – 12 who meet the requirements for membership below are eligible for membership.
Four pillars of NHS
- Scholarship – Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.7 or higher and be enrolled in three core academic classes each year.
- Service – This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
- Leadership – Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
- Character – The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and generally maintains a clean disciplinary record.
Students who meet the scholarship requirement will have an opportunity to apply for membership at the beginning of each school year. In May of each school year, member are required to complete a member report detailing their accomplishments in and commitment to service, leadership, and character.