Employees of the Month – September 2018
Tory Norman grew up on his grandfather’s cattle farm in Fairview, Utah and graduated from North Sanpete High School. His family moved to Provo so he could attend BYU where he earned his masters of accountancy. He has worked as a CPA and a small business consultant for Squire & Company. Last year, he decided to leave accounting and pursue his dream of teaching. A position opened up at PHS and this is where he got his teaching start. Tory enjoys working with the students and faculty at PHS. He loves the opportunities to mentor and coach the youth and finds reward in that. When Tory isn’t at school he and his wife volunteer as scout leaders. Tory enjoys spending time in the outdoors camping & hiking with his family and playing video games with them as well.
Here are some things colleagues had to say about Tory:
- Tory is always willing to help or if he sees a need to help a colleague. He helped me lift heavy items in my lab prior to school starting, provided the Faculty with a TV screen saver, and helped with the mirroring of my two TV screens.
- Tory’s the best! Every school should have a Tory Norman and our business department is super grateful that he is a major contributor to our team. He is truly dedicated, knowledgeable, ambitious, friendly, innovative, and patient.
- You can always count on Tory contributing a couple of great solutions to any challenge at hand. He is passionate about teaching and loves his students.
- Tory is an incredible colleague. He is so helpful and Provo High School is lucky to have him here.
Jesse Hanks grew up here in Provo, Utah. He worked at Sunset View Elementary School before coming to work at Provo High School and has been here for 9 years now. Jesse says what enjoys most about working at Provo High is the good people he gets to work with every day. He considers himself lucky because he gets to work with lots of good friends. When Jesse isn’t at school he enjoys hunting and fishing. He also owns his own construction company.
Here are some things colleagues had to say about Jesse:
- Jesse is a fantastic leader and worker who really cares about the building and the students.
- He is constantly working and part of his work involves encouraging students to get to class and to do well in their classes.
- Jesse is one of the most dependable school employees I’ve ever worked with. He gives of his time unconditionally. He is always there to help when needed.
- Jesse is the go to guy for everything. He takes pride in the school and wants it to look good for the community.
- He manages his staff better than any other supervisor I’ve worked with.
- He is a truly remarkable person and leader.
Thank you Tory and Jesse for your contribution to PHS! We are lucky to have you here!!