The PHS athletic and performing arts departments follow the state/region-adopted eligibility policies. To represent Provo High School, a student must be in good standing during the participation period including tryouts. The eligible student must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0, maintained during the tryouts and season.
- Have a full schedule (6 of 8) of credit-producing classes. (Seminary does not count.)
- Have no more than one (1) F, I, or TR earned in the previous term and during the season. Note: Summer school does not count as a term but can be used to directly replace a failed course 4th term.
- Understand that, for Distance Education, 3 credit enrollment counts as 2 PHS classes.
- Comply with the PHS Code of Conduct for Extra Curricular Activities.
Students have five (5) days after report cards are issued to verify eligibility. After five (5) school days, no eligibility appeals will be allowed. Student Government, Cheerleaders, and Dance participants follow additional guidelines. Please see the class disclosure statements and student constitution for details.
Participation in Provo High School extracurricular programs is a privilege. This privilege carries with it certain responsibilities since students in these programs represent Provo High School in the classroom, in the hallways, in the athletic arena, and in the community. For this reason, the Student Code of Conduct is in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.