Mr. Scott’s Class Norms
- There is no such thing as a “math person”. Everyone can learn math to the highest levels
- Mistakes are valued in this class. Mistakes grow your brain!
- Always ask questions, always answer questions. Ask yourself: why does that make sense?
- Math is about creativity and making sense
- Math is about connections and communicating
- Depth is much more important than speed
- Math class is about learning, not performing. It takes time to learn, and it is all about effort.
- A set period of time will always be granted during a class period for students to get help from other students, Math TAs, Math assistants, or myself personally. I will also personally talk to each student at the end of class to get a sense of how individual students are doing.