Social people are people lovers. They are concerned, sensitive, and supportive. They enjoy activities that allow them to use their skills and talent to interact effectively with others. They are generally less interested in performing mechanical activities or tasks. They like activities that involve working with and helping others. They enjoy closeness, sharing, groups, unstructured activities, and are good in leadership roles. They enjoy teaching, developing, and assisting others.
- tend to be friendly and helpful
- like activities that involve working with others rather than being alone
- like activities that involve informing, training, teaching, understanding, and helping others
- think most people are easy to get along with
- usually feel good about expressing themselves verbally
- like to meet new people and make friends easily
- like helping people solve their problems
- like being asked to take a leadership role
Areas of Study and related courses at Provo High:
- Interior Design 1
- Interior Design 2
- Adult Roles and Financial Responsibilities
- Child Development
- Clothing 1 Simple Sewing
- Clothing 1 Sewing for Home
- Clothing 2 Designer Sewing
- Child care 2
- Clothing 3 Designer Sewing
- Focus on Fashion
- AP/IB Psychology
- Food Catering/Pro Start
- Sports Medicine
- Physiology Honors
- Foods 1
- Foods 2
- Technology, Textiles, & Entrepreneurship
- American Sign Language 1
- American Sign Language 2
- American Sign Language 3H
- Law Enforcement
- Intro EMT (Adv. First Aid)
Programs at MATC
- CPR Certification
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Dental Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Intermediate
- Medical Assistant
- Nurse Assistant(CNA)
- Practical Nursing(LPN)
- Human Resource Management
- Culinary Arts
- Nail Technician
Career Pathways in Utah
You may enjoy being with people and helping them, helping someone solve personal problems, doing volunteer work.
Some jobs that match these interests: rehabilitation clerk, social worker, parole officer, clergy, marriage counselor, camp counselor, public safety officer, recreation aide.
- Family and Human Services
- Consumer Economics Services
- Hospitality Services
You may enjoy helping people team, showing people how to do things.
Some jobs that match these interests: high school or elementary school teacher, teacher’s aide, camp director, occupational therapy assistant.
You may enjoy being with children, helping children with lessons, taking care of children.
Some jobs that match these interests: day care provider, child development specialist, pediatrician, elementary school or pre-school teacher, child support officer, home therapy teacher.
- Child Development