Provo High School – Concurrent Enrollment (CE) and Distance Learning (DL)
The following deadlines apply to the Concurrent Enrollment Program for the 2016-2017 School year.
Fall 2016 Semester
- September 2, 2016
- Last day to complete UVU admissions with NO late fee ($40 late admissions fee begins September 5).
- September 7, 2016
- Last day to complete UVU CE admissions
- Last day to submit test scores for Math, Biology, and English courses
- Last day to Submit Exception Forms to high school CE Coordinator.
- September 9, 2016
- Last day to complete course sign up/registration for courses.
- Tuition Due.
- October 20, 2016
- Last day to drop second semester course without a “W” on college transcript.
- November 20, 2016
- Last day to drop with a “W” from Fall courses.
- January 15, 2017
- Last day to drop a full year course with a “W”.
Spring 2017 Semester
- January 25, 2017
- Last day to complete UVU admissions application
- Last day to submit Prerequisite scores for Math or English
- Last day to submit Exception forms to CE Coordinator
- January 27, 2017
- Juniors and Seniors – last day to complete course sign up
- Tuition due
- February 28, 2017
- Last day to drop semester course without a “W”.
- March 20, 2017
- Last day to drop semester course with a “W”.
Required Forms for 2016-2017
There are three steps for a student to complete in order to participate in the CE program.
- Step 1 is admissions – students must go to the UVU Concurrent Enrollment website
- Step 2 is the registration – Students can view course descriptions here
- Step 3 is paying the $5 per credit hour tuition
- All three steps are completed on the UVU CE website www.uvu.edu/concurrent
- All students who participate are required by the state to complete the Student Participation Form. 2016-2017 Student Participation Form
Distance Learning at Provo High School
Distance Learning gives dual Concurrent Enrollment (CE) credit. For each 3 credit hour class, students receive 1.0 high school credit.
Courses are challenging and range from 3-5 on the a scale of 1-5 (5 being the most difficult)
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for all students participating in Distance Learning.
Students taking DL courses with UVU purchase their own textbooks, pay a $5 per credit hour partial tuition directly to the university through Tuition Payment Plus and a $10 per class administration fee to the high school business office.
The Distance Learning schedule differs from year to year, however for the sake of consistency, Provo High School tries to maintain General Education courses consistent for high school and college graduation.