Provo High School – Concurrent Enrollment (CE) and Distance Learning (DL)
This year students will continue to apply to the college through the UVU Concurrent Enrollment Webpage at uvu.edu/concurrent
The following deadlines apply to the Concurrent Enrollment Program for the 2016-2017 School year.
Fall 2017 Semester
April 10, 2017
- Admissions Opens for UVU Concurrent Enrollment
April 17, 2017
- Registration Opens for UVU Concurrent Enrollment
- September 1, 2017
- Last day to complete admissions with NO late fee ($40 late admissions fee begins September 5).
- September 6, 2017
- Last day to complete UVU CE admissions (with $40 late fee)
- Last day to submit prerequisite test scores for Math, Biology, and English courses
- Last day to Submit Exception Forms to high school CE Coordinator.
- September 8, 2017
- Last day to complete course sign up/registration for courses.
- Tuition Due.
- October 20, 2017
- Last day to drop second semester course without a “W” on college transcript for Fall & Full year courses
- November 20, 2017
- Last day to drop with a “W” from Fall courses.
- January 15, 2017
- Last day to drop a full year course with a “W”.
Spring 2018 Semester
October 30, 2017
- Admissions for Spring 2018 semester Opens
November 6, 2017
- Registration for Spring 2018 semester Opens
- January 24, 2018
- Last day to complete UVU admissions application
- Last day to submit Prerequisite scores for Math or English
- Last day to submit Exception forms to CE Coordinator
- January 26, 2018
- Juniors and Seniors – last day to complete course sign up
- Tuition due
- February 28, 2018
- Last day to drop Spring semester course without a “W”.
- March 20, 2018
- Last day to drop Spring semester course with a “W”.
Required Forms for 2016-2017
There are three steps for a student to complete in order to participate in the CE program.
- Step 1 is admissions – students must go to www.uvu.edu/concurrent to complete their application and Student Participation form.
- Step 2 is the registration – Students can view course descriptions with CRNs here
- Step 3 is paying the $5 per credit hour tuition through the UVU Tuition Payment Plus
- Steps 2 and 3 are completed on the UVU CE website uvu.edu/concurrent
Distance Learning at Provo High School
Distance Learning gives dual Concurrent Enrollment (CE) credit. For each 3 credit hour class, students receive 1.0 high school credit.
Courses are challenging and range from 3-5 on the a scale of 1-5 (5 being the most difficult)
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for all students participating in Distance Learning.
Students taking DL courses with UVU purchase their own textbooks, pay a $5 per credit hour partial tuition directly to the university through Tuition Payment Plus and a $10 per class administration fee to the high school business office.
The Distance Learning schedule differs from year to year, however for the sake of consistency, Provo High School tries to maintain General Education courses consistent for high school and college graduation.