National Honors Society (NHS) had All Member Meeting January 18, 2018 to inform the NHS
Members about upcoming events.
- Jan. 18: Start of Collection for hygiene kits
- Jan. 19: Concessions, 4:00-6:30 p.m.
- Jan. 29: End of Collection for hygiene kits
- Jan. 29 – Feb. 2 : Assembly of hygiene kits (during lunch, in the media center)
- Feb. 12: Mooyah fundraiser night (5:00 – 9:00 p.m.)
- Feb. 13: Concessions, both shifts
- Feb. 16: Concessions, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Feb. 21: Help at info tables at Parent Teacher Conference
- March 5 – 9: The Archive Project
- March 15: All Member Meeting (during lunch)
Sign up for service activities in the College and Career Center.
Students in grades 10 – 12 who meet the requirements for membership below are eligible for
Four pillars of NHS
- Scholarship – Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.7 or higher and be enrolled in
three core academic classes each year.
- Service – This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or
community, done without compensation.
- Leadership – Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and
idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community
activities while working with or for others.
- Character – The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards
of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and
generally maintains a clean disciplinary record.
Students who meet the scholarship requirement will have an opportunity to apply for
membership at the beginning of each school year. In May of each school year, member are
required to complete a member report detailing their accomplishments in and commitment to
service, leadership, and character.